About Sub Group: Translation Studies (MA)
The M.A. program in Translation Studies aims to prepare students for translation professions and for advanced professional and academic research. It combines practice in translating between English and another language with education in the academic intellectual discipline of Translation Studies. Students will be introduced to the history and theories of translation and to current issues in the discipline. They will receive thorough grounding in research skills and paradigms relevant to advanced investigations of translation processes, products, contexts and producers to become ready to enter the professions or to proceed to further academic study.
The general objectives of the program are to help students develop:
• practical translation skills to a high level whilst integrating practical with professional and theoretical insights;
• a good knowledge of what it means to be a professional translator/interpretor in terms of practical techniques as well as attitudes and ethics;
• a thorough understanding of cutting-edge theories, debates and research methods in universal translation studies;
• the ability to reflect on translating and interpreting experience in more general and/or theoretical terms, with a view to helping them learn from future experience and future developments in their professional field;
• academic and general-purpose skills, such as research design and methodology, and synthesizing and analyzing information and data; and
• professional and life skills such as oral and written communication, oral presentation, organization, adaptability, information technology and research skills.
Potential: Translation Studies (MA)
Upon completion of the program, graduates will be able to:
• understand theoretical and practical aspects of the translation process;
• understand the cultural and linguistic environments in which a translation functions;
• conduct independent research work;
• formulate their own ideas on theoretical premises;
• carry out independent consultation and pedagogical work; and
• apply new technologies to translation research.
Importance: Translation Studies (MA)
The M.A. program in Translation Studies aims to equip students with the knowledge and skills for a career in translation and other professions which require expertise in cross-linguistic and corss-cultural communication. By combining theory and practice, the program also provides excellent preparation for study and research at PhD level.
DR. Amir Hamid Alizadeh
Miss Elham Aboutalebi
The education plan for this group has not been announced yet.
The notification for this group has not been announced yet.